One of our favorite past times in this family is reading. Well, at least for the girls and I. We try to carve out at least a little time each day to spend lost in our own little story-lands and over the last two years chapter books have increasingly become a part of that. One of my struggles though has been finding series to read instead of just the individual books. I knew they were out there and I know I have read some already but when it came time to pick a new one I always got lost for a moment. So, I have decided to create a giant reference list for myself! Some of the series listed below we have started and others I read as a child. I am terribly excited to share all of these worlds and adventures with our girls and I hope that your family will do the same. Know a budding reader? These would make great gift ideas!
*All posts on our site may contain affiliate links which help support our family.*
- Amelia Bedelia by Herman Parish
- The Boxcar Children Mysteries by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- Captain Awesome by Stan Kirby
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Critter Club by Callie Barkley
- The Cul-de-sac Kids by Beverly Lewis
- Daisy Dawson by Steve Voake
- Dragon Masters by Tracey West
- Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown
- Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel
- Galaxy Zack by Ray O’Ryan
- Henry and Mudge by Cynthia Rylant
- Imagination Station by Paul McCusker
- Ivy & Bean by Annie Barrows
- Judy Moody by Megan McDonald
- Junie B Jones by Barbara Park
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborne
- Meghan Rose by Lori Z. Scott
- Monkey Me by Timothy Roland
- Nate the Great by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat and Mitchell Sharmat
- The Never Girls by Kiki Thorpe
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
- Roscoe Riley by Katherine Applegate
- The Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony Diterlizzi and Holly Black
[…] ← 25 Chapter Book Series for Children […]
My boys have really enjoyed Susan K. Marlow’s books.
That’s great! We haven’t ventured into her books yet but we may have to!
They enjoyed her Circle C Beginnings series when they were younger and there is a series specifically for boys. I think Goldtown Adventure.