Looking for an incredible throw together breakfast that the whole family will love? Congratulations, you have found the only one you’ll ever need! Introducing our family favorite: Slow Cooker Blueberry French Toast!
- 1 loaf of bread (we prefer Texas Toast)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Spray your slow cooker down with non-stick spray. I prefer to use liners so I never have much cleanup but with this recipe, I still spray the liner down.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. This is very important in helping the cinnamon mix into the liquids!
- In a large bowl, lightly beat your eggs before mixing in the vanilla and milk. Stir the dry ingredients into your egg mixture.
- Cut your bread in half so it can fit easier in the slow cooker. Dip one piece at a time and layer into the slow cooker in the following order: two bread layers (to form a good base), 1/2c blueberries, one bread layer, 1/2c blueberries, one bread layer, 1/2c blueberries. Pour the remaining egg mixture evenly over the bread.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours careful to watch for burning. For this, you will really need to know your own slow cooker. Ours takes right at 6 hours and this is the slow cooker we have.
- Serve with syrup, honey, or your personal favorite French toast toppings!